Dec. 17th - Waiting For Santa


Today's Inspiring Greeting


WAITING FOR SANTA

Twas the day before Christmas and all she could do
Was hope that the store would be closing soon.
She didn't like Christmas, she no longer knew love
She cared not a thing about the One up above.

A little girl came and entered the store
A blonde, blue-eyed girl that she'd not seen before.
"Excuse me, Ma'am," the little girl said
She leaned over the counter to see the girl's head.

"How much is this dolly?" the little one asked
The gal at the counter almost answered too fast.
She wanted to say, 'Kid, you don't belong here;
Santa is dead and so are his deer.'

'There's no Christmas Spirit, no reason to live
We all want to receive and no one wants to give.'
But the little girls eyes looked so sad and forlorn
That the gal at the counter swallowed her scorn.

The little girl said that she'd just lost her dad;
Her mom was hurting and she always seemed mad.
Christmas was going to be different this year,
Her little voice trembled as she shed just one tear;

She said, "I wanted this dolly cause she looks just like me.
 If Mama could hold her, maybe she'd see
How nice it is to hold someone she loves."
The gal at the counter felt her heart give a shove.

She looked at the little blond girl standing there
And said, "You can have it, it's for me to share."
The little one said, "No, I just need to pay
So will you please tell me what it costs today?"

"I have some money, though I don't have a lot."
The gal at the counter asked, "How much have you got?"
 She stretched out her hand and opened her fist. 
She was holding a quarter and she said,
"I have this."

The gal at the counter thought, "Here goes fifty bucks"
 As she smiled at the little one and said, "You're in luck.
 The store is near closing and I'm having a sale." 
The little girls face no longer looked pale.

Her eyes got a twinkle and she gave her a smile as she 
asked if the gal would wait here for a while. She forgot something
 at home but she lived pretty near, and the gal at the counter said,
 "Sure, I'll wait here."

The little one ran and she said, "I'll be back" and soon she was, 
with a little brown sack. She looked at the gal and said, 
"This is for you, Please keep it with you, whatever you do.

"It's a present my daddy once gave to me. But not for my 
Birthday and wasn't under the tree. He said it's because I know 
how to show love and then he went to join the Lord up above."

The gal opened the bag and peeked in at the gift,
What she saw inside gave her heart a huge lift.
It was a Guardian Angel the little one shared,
And it proved to the gal that others did care.

That Christmas turned out to be the best one she'd had. 
She wasn't angry or bitter, nor was she sad, She got together 
with friends that she hadn't seen for some time 
and she listened to the church bells peal and chime.

The sales gal smiles to this day when she thinks of the 
little blond girl who brought her back from the brink and the gift 
that the child willingly did depart
Not the Guardian Angel, but the Love from her heart.

This is a true story, though it didn't happen to me
When my lil Sis told it, I just felt such glee that I wanted to share
 it because it needs to be told what an adult can learn
 from an eight year old.

Thanks For Visiting

LoriAnn
LoriAnn