Light One Little Candle for Christmas

This last summer was an extremely warm one. It made a lot of us think of the cooler days of fall. But there are those who would rather not think of fall because of the cold weather that lies ahead. To me, it’s not the cold that I dread, as much as the short days and very long evenings. I feel the need for more daylight. Maybe this is the reason that so many start decorating early for Christmas. I have to admit that even tho I wait until later, I do enjoy the first early birds who hang up their lights.

In my family, I always told my Children, that Christmas started as soon as the Thanksgiving Day dishes were done. I guess it was my way of spreading a little light and cheer before the decorating really began. It would brighten our spirits, as the days grew shorter. It was one more Blessing to give Thanks for at the end of this wonderful day.

As our friends of the Jewish faith, light the candles of the Menorah, to celebrate the Festival of Hanukkah, we light candles to celebrate the birth of Jesus. It’s a beautiful way for us all to dispel darkness and give light to our spirits.

But, why do we only think of lighting candles, as putting fire to wicks? We can light a candle in someone's life every day if only we would. A small thing, like a smile is giving light to someone who is down. A cheery Hello, a warm grip of a hand or pat on the back can change a day. That little bit of cheer will not be forgotten.

As our world grows colder and darker during the winter months. Why not do the right thing and light at least one candle in someone's life each day. Just by the looks on their faces, you will see how it makes the darkness flee. A little bit of friendly light is all we really need.
Spread some early Christmas cheer. I have heard that it only takes 14 muscles to smile and 72 muscles to frown.
So give the world a great big Christmas SMILE.


Thanks For Visiting
LazsRealm
LazsRealm